Wow, so it’s been almost a month since my last post! Nick and I went to New Zealand & Australia for 2 weeks which was awesome. Then I took a week off to recuperate and get back in the swing of things. But I’m back in action! So in NZ we visited Nick’s sister, saw the sights, celebrated our 5th anniversary and relaxed, truly enjoying the fact that Nick is done with school!
I posted a huge album online but I thought I’d share a few photos on here. My highlights, not in any particular order
1. Spending much missed time with Stephanie: I was amazingly blessed to get the sister-in-law I got. We have become such close friends and it’s been hard having half a planet separating us. But it was great to see her in her new home and meet the people she has met there.
2. Seeing so much wildlife: our first day and a half was spent at a nature reserve so we saw a ton of local birds that were unique to New Zealand.
And then when we travelled farther North we went on a boat trip and saw a huge pod of dolphins which was cool to see them so close
And later in Australia, the cutest little critter appeared as we were walking the streets of Sydney.
We later googled it and found out it was a brush-tailed Possum. Way cuter than our possum’s in the states! but it was super comfortable with humans and just walked up to my shoe.
3. Hobbiton: We are nerds and thus had to go to the set where they filmed the shire from Lord of the Rings. But it was awesome and so worth it
4. River rafting: Not only was it a rush, but you are really seeing the landscape in a unique way. Everything is so untouched by humans and just so…GREEN. I truly believe arizonans have an appreciation for green like no other. p.s. super cool to sit in the front of the raft, if you are given the choice!
5. The Scenery! Just breath-taking, we rented a car and drove a good portion of the north island, just the normal scenes off the highways were to-die-for. I had to stop numerous times and take photos
6. Seeing the opera house: I always kinda wondered what the roof was made out of. Cool to see such an iconic piece of architecture up close (It’s made of ceramic tiles)